jschumacher.typepad.com > Governor's Island

« Back to Governor's Island

Interior of Castle Williams

Interior of Castle Williams

October 25, 2003

Castle Williams became obsolete after twenty years or so. It was used to hold Confederate prisoners of war during the Civil War. In 1912 it became a military prison. The windows were recently added to protect the interior of the building from the elements.

Permalink