jschumacher.typepad.com > Governor's Island

« Back to Governor's Island

The Cavalry

The Cavalry

October 25, 2003

Fort Jay quickly became obsolete. A new fort, Fort Jay, was built in 1811. Rather than replace the old fort it was adapted for reuse. The inner courtyard had officer's housing built into the walls in the 1830s. The horses are from a later date.

Permalink